Missing spacer on main spar stack up?

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Missing spacer on main spar stack up?

Postby n502pd » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm

OK, I am confused again and need some help! Looking at -wo8 sheet for scratch building, at main spar, the end of -w10-02 aft web, shows 6 holes that mount rib #3, as WS 32.75", on both spars. If I correctly understand the stack up of the web and spar caps, -w10-02 aft spar web has a gap of .125 inch between it and the main spar web. When rib 3 is riveted inplace, without some sort of spacer here, the webing will bend incorrectly at the outboard end of w10-02. I am thinking there is a spacer somewhere that goes here to prevent this, but I cant find it. Is there one? Where is it shown? Or do I have the stack up wrong? or worse yet cant read?! thanks! Joe, SN 1510 :?
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Re: Missing spacer on main spar stack up?

Postby n502pd » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Well now, I guess I cant read! I did find the missing spacers on the page for fabricating the ribs. The spacer info was sort of hidden under a fold in the previous sheet. Problem solved. I am sorry to have taken up bandwidth for a goose chase of my own making. And it only took about 5 hrs to find it! Dang it!
Joe Nelsen
Flying @78.2
n502pd

Postby falvarez » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Don't feel bad...I'm a few weeks from attaching my ribs to my spars so now I know where to look for the note :D

There's always someone who can benefit from posts like these.

- Frank
Frank Alvarez
Sonex #800, Aerovee 2.1
Scratch Building (working on Cowl)
falvarez

Postby n502pd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey, I appreciate any and all suppot too! They dont take long to make, and are not dementionally very critical, so I was sorry to have used the bandwidth for such a stupid thing. You and I are at the same place just now. I put the spars up until I can afford the spar caps. Moving on to the wing control surfaces just to keep going forward. I dont know when I will be able to get the spar caps, or the engine mount. gear legs and brakes. Maybe if I started another hobby---the lottery---I might be able to get done before I head west myself!! I am on mykitlog.com/josephnelsen. take a look if you want! happy building!

Joe
Joe Nelsen
Flying @78.2
n502pd

Return to Sonex