SNX-W21 Bellcrank Attach Angle Bushings

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNX-W21 Bellcrank Attach Angle Bushings

Postby Badger830 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:28 am

Good Morning Everyone,
I am working on -W21 and machining the -03/-04 pivot angles currently. After cutting them from a template and line drilling the hole for the Symmco bearing, my bearings sit slightly loose in the holes, rather than being a press fit. Is it critical to have these bearings press fit in the angle holes, should I just remake the angles, is it okay for the bearings to rotate in the angles, or is there another way to secure the bearings in the hole (loctite or similar)? Thanks in advance!
Badger830

Re: SNX-W21 Bellcrank Attach Angle Bushings

Postby Badger830 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:42 am

For anyone that stumbles across this post in the future, I had a machinist friend recommend Loctite 638 "retaining compound" as it was designed for this precise scenario. I opted to go this route and it seems to work like a charm; the Symmco bearings are firmly seated in the bellcrank angles and the pivot bearings are moving within them without any wobble in the bellcrank.
Badger830

Return to Sonex Plans