Control stick boot

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Control stick boot

Postby T41pilot » Mon May 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Does anyone have a solution for a control stick boot to fit the center stick of a "B" Model? I'm looking for something to buy or a generic that I can modify without having to do any sewing. I don't have the equipment nor the sewing skills to make one myself. I bought a generic that I tried to adapt but it proved too small for the elevator throw range of the stick. Finally got rid of my main oil leak and am left with just minor leaks from the rocker covers. FAA has signed off. First flight will happen after I can get some time with somebody.

Regards
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B 0014
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B #0014
T41pilot

Re: Control stick boot

Postby Spaceman » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 pm

T41pilot wrote:Does anyone have a solution for a control stick boot to fit the center stick of a "B" Model? I'm looking for something to buy or a generic that I can modify without having to do any sewing. I don't have the equipment nor the sewing skills to make one myself. I bought a generic that I tried to adapt but it proved too small for the elevator throw range of the stick. Finally got rid of my main oil leak and am left with just minor leaks from the rocker covers. FAA has signed off. First flight will happen after I can get some time with somebody.

Regards
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B 0014

I bought the upholstery kit from Sonex and it came with a nice leather stick boot... Maybe they'll sell you just the boot only if that's all you need?
Chris Paegelow
N21YX / Waiex-B #21 / Roseville, CA
http://paegelow.blogspot.com/
Spaceman

Postby Bryan Cotton » Tue May 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Would a center stick boot be any different than a dual stick boot?
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby T41pilot » Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm

I don't for sure but the B stick has a fairly stout CNC assembly to get around and is fairly short in stature. Sonex does sell a boot separately at considerable cost and I don't know what the lead time on getting one would be right now. I'm just trying to get options in case somebody came up with other solutions.
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B #0014
T41pilot

Return to General Discussion