How much do you fly your Sonex (or Waiex or Onex or Xenos?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

How much do you fly your Sonex (or Waiex or Onex or Xenos?

Postby GraemeSmith » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:38 am

I am attempting to gather information about how much the FLYING (not still building - hangar flying doesn't count!!) Sonex fleet of aircraft are flown to compare it to the known accidents and so produce a figure for "accidents/incidents per 100,00 hours flown" which is an industry metric.   I have researched the USA accidents from the NTSB database.

The more people prepared to take part - the more accurate a figure I will obtain.  Results will be publicly shared in anonymous format through the Sonex Builders website and Sonex Facebook page.

I've kept it as simple as possible. About 2 mins to complete.

This is a PERSONAL exercise to share with the Sonex flying community and is not associated with any aviation organization or government entity!

If you choose to take the survey I promise you that when I share the results - all personally identifiable information will be removed (though I don't try and collect it!).

Take the survey here (please):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/99WK829
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Re: How much do you fly your Sonex (or Waiex or Onex or Xeno

Postby GraemeSmith » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:17 am

A little "bump" on this one.

A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who has completed this in just the first 24 hours. If you were thinking of doing but had not yet - please - if you have two minutes during Sunday morning coffee.......

Reminder - it's completely anonymous - so I'd like to thank all those who have taken that on trust and been candid with their answer to Question 7 "Other" if it applied to them. Some of them are quite revealing!

So if you haven't filled it in and have a moment:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/99WK829

THANK YOU!
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Re: How much do you fly your Sonex (or Waiex or Onex or Xeno

Postby GraemeSmith » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:59 am

Thanks to everyone who completed this.

Still Crunching the numbers. Lot of data to corral and to align with FAA and NTSB methods so I can make meaningful comparisons.
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Return to General Discussion