Sonex Builders & Pilots Foundation

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Sonex Builders & Pilots Foundation

Postby XenosN42 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:27 am

New Content Added to Sonex Builders & Pilots Foundation

We have just added a significant amount of content to the Sonex Builders & Pilots Foundation web site. The new content describes modifications made to Sonex SN #1327 (A model). The level of detail is impressive. Even if you won’t be making these modifications it will be worth your time to look over what this builder added to his Sonex.

Visit https://sonexfoundation.com/safety-%26-education , scroll to the bottom of the page, and click ‘FIND OUT MORE’ next to “Sonex #1327 Modification Files”.

Thanks David for the great work!
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Re: Sonex Builders & Pilots Foundation

Postby DCASonex » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 am

Should add that these files were on the old Sonex Foundation website and the original old Sonex forum. But Michael has done a fantastic job of turning a bunch of files into a well organized presentation. Hope some of what is in there will provide food for thought for additional improvements.
David A.
DCASonex

Postby WaiexN143NM » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi all,
Thanks david for the nice words about michael. We all need to thank him for getting the sbpf website up and running again. Thanks greatly Michael for your expertise and time.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
sbpf board member
WaiexN143NM

Postby mike.smith » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:59 pm

Yes, thanks, Michael!

There were a number of user-provided files that were on the old site, like my portable engine hoist plans, that I don't see on the new site. If those things don't exist any more we can certainly send them to Michael if you'd like to include them. And I still make the TimeSert tool available for the cost of shipping, for the AeroVee spark plug holes. So I'd like to get that information up there. I'll reach out to Michael with the things I have.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby DCASonex » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:10 pm

mike.smith wrote:Yes, thanks, Michael!

There were a number of user-provided files that were on the old site, like my portable engine hoist plans, that I don't see on the new site. If those things don't exist any more we can certainly send them to Michael if you'd like to include them. And I still make the TimeSert tool available for the cost of shipping, for the AeroVee spark plug holes. So I'd like to get that information up there. I'll reach out to Michael with the things I have.

I fear Michael may not have realized the extent of the old builder contributed files that were on the old sites when he did such a great job on adding mine to the site, and I had deleted some of mine, such as modification for Todd's bonded canopy (RIP Todd) and some items that the equivalent or better of which can now be purchased from Peter. Hope he can keep up that level; of excellence.

David A.
DCASonex

Postby XenosN42 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:46 am

Hello all,

Anyone that has copies of files that were on the old site and not on the new site can email them to me: mailto://admin@SonexFoundation.com
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby mike.smith » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

The web site has been updated to add a few of my previous contributions, under the "Safety and Education" tab, look for:

1. TimeSert Usage & Links: The TimeSert tool for VW heads is available to anyone who wants to borrow it. You just pay for the cost of shipping. There are links to understand how to use it.

2. Misc. Tips & Tricks: Portable Engine Hoist, PDF plans and bill of materials.

3. And soon to come under How To Videos, my YouTube video for cutting multiple rib blanks with a router.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby teto10 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:12 pm

Michael has done a fantastic job of turning a bunch of files into a well organized presentation.
I need korean food near me in New York
teto10

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:28 pm

teto10 wrote:Michael has done a fantastic job of turning a bunch of files into a well organized presentation.

Hey teto10, welcome to the forums! Please tell us about your interest in Sonex aircraft. I hope you didn't just join to post that link to korean food over and over.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to General Discussion