incident N32YX

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: incident N32YX

Postby DCASonex » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:54 am

My canopy frame is a bit modified, and bottom rail on latch side slightly raised from normal allowing new locator pins (dragon's teeth) machined from brass with top end larger diameter and tapped for screw that passes all the way through the square aluminum tube. Have not moved in 9 years. Using standard lock pin, but have a bracket around master switch handle that has holes for lock pin to be put in there to lock the master off when not locking the canopy. Have bright yellow key fob on that lock pin as well so noticeable when not where it should be. Have spring pushing canopy latch closed, and reason lower part canopy frame is raised is to allow a tab from the sliding latch to come out under the frame and pass right under a second stationary flat tab. No parts to lose, minimal aerodynamic drag. Squeeze the two together to release latch and open canopy. Also small peg pointing up from lower canopy frame to hook thumb on to squeeze rather than just pull back on latch handle so canopy is not flexed making very easy to get the locator pins in their holes.. This is on an A series, do not know if applicable to B series or not. also have bonded canopy so no holes and no notches to start any cracks. If of any interest for drawings or photos, PM me.

David A.
DCASonex

Re: incident N32YX

Postby dtwolcott » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:28 pm

My waiex 132 has the spring also. I am sure it is on the plans
Don
Waiex 132 N132YX
3MY
dtwolcott

Previous

Return to General Discussion