tracy obrien sale

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

tracy obrien sale

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 am

Hi all,
tracyobrien site 10% off all sonex products until end of sept.
they are now making a jab3300 mount for legacy models.
http://www.tracyobrien.com
put sonex in the search window to see all products.
stay safe,

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Re: tracy obrien sale

Postby Blank » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Michael,

Thanks for the notice. I ordered his Jab 3300 mount over the weekend. I'll post a review after I get it mounted.

Craig
Blank

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

hi craig, all,
you are welcome. happen to stumble across it while websurfing and watching tv the other nite.
how much is a legacy jab3300 mount? is it tri gear or td?
dont know if sonex still selling a legacy jab 3300 mount.
or what the lead time would be.
let us know any info.

be safe,

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Blank » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 pm

Michael/All,

It's the Sonex Legacy Jab 3300 T/D mount. Yes, Sonex still sells them...$1919.50 plus shipping--ouch. Not sure what the cost will be in the future for the Tracy O'Brien mounts (I'm thinking I might be the first or one of the first to get one of his mounts). I got it for $1000 plus shipping for a grand total of $1090 with powder coating color of my choice. The fabricator is the same one that makes Vans mounts. I'll let everyone know the quality after I get it probably in a couple weeks time.

Craig
Blank

Postby Blank » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:12 pm

I just received the Jab 3300 mount from Tracy O'Brien. It looks GREAT! It was shipped in a crate for protection and arrived without any damage. Once I figure out how to post images I will.

Craig
Blank

Postby Blank » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:28 am

All,

I finally got around to fitting the Tracy O’Brien Jab 3300 mount to the fuselage and it doesn’t fit. The upper cross-member is too wide. Also, the mount is out of square. Definitely out of spec per the plans. I’ve been emailing Tracy back and forth regarding the fitment issues and it seems he’s unwilling to rectify the situation as of yet. He even emailed that indeed his jig is not producing acceptable mounts and thanked me for letting him know. His only solution is to send a new upper cross-member for me to somehow weld, but I find this to be an unacceptable remedy.

I just wanted to warn anyone who is thinking of ordering or has already purchased a mount from him that you may be out significant time and money.

Craig

PS. There is something wrong with his website as well. Don’t go there…you’ll probably pick up a virus.

Update: After more back and forth I'm shipping the mount back to him and he will correct the mount to Sonex specs.
Blank

Return to General Discussion