about that paperwork

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: about that paperwork

Postby Sonerai13 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Area 51% wrote:Apparently, some time ago (2017ish) the wording was changed on the passenger warning label. It eliminates the wording "amateur built". Do I need to get a "current" sticker since the one that came in the EAA package is old enough to still have "amateur built" in it's verbiage?

Here's another rub...ACS sells what they call the "current" sticker, eliminating the "amateur built" wording. However, the sticker reads "federal safety requirements" and the FAA wording is "federal safety regulations".

This is one where you will have to check with the FAA office or inspector who will do your inspection. Our office is accepting the earlier passenger warning placards, but I have heard that some offices are not. Best to check and make sure.

I would definitely NOT use the one from ACS if it does not contain the proper verbiage.

You can get the new one from EAA as a separate item as well as in the EAA's current certification kit. Give EAA a call if you want to get the new one.
Joe Norris
Sonex N208GD (S/N 450)
Sonerai II N13NN (S/N 1206)
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Sonerai13

Postby Sonerai13 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:08 pm

Area 51% wrote:What are the actual dimensions of the Airworthiness Certificate? Document holders appear to come in all different sizes.
Or doesn't it matter if you fold the certificate in half?

You are supposed to display the airworthiness certificate in view of the "passengers or crew". I would not recommend folding it in half as some FAA inspectors may take issue in the fact that the entire certificate is not visible.

New airworthiness certificates are issued on 8.5x11 paper combined with the operating limitations. The part that needs to be displayed takes up about the upper third of the first page. The actual dimension of the displayed part is 3x5.5. So if you do some creative folding you can use a document holder of that size. (NOTE: it will be THICK if you fold it down to that dimension.)

There are some inspectors who are still issuing the old pink airworthiness certificates along with attached operating limitations. Those certificates are approximately the same size as noted above, and can be displayed individually. However, the operating limitations document must still be carried in the aircraft.
Joe Norris
Sonex N208GD (S/N 450)
Sonerai II N13NN (S/N 1206)
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Sonerai13

Postby Area 51% » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Ordered the passenger warning placard from ACS is spite of how it read on their site. Actually ordered two different ones. One (red and white vinyl sticker) that had the wrong word (requirements instead of regulations) and one (aluminum with adhesive) that still had amateur built in the wording.

They came in the mail today, and both have the correct wording. Sent a query to ACS and they responded they know the pictures are wrong, but haven't gotten around to changing them yet.

Order with confidence.

Not much left to do except "kick the tires and light the fire" here @Area 51%.
Area 51%

Postby Rofomoto » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Just finally got my registration back... they spelled my name wrong!
Longassproject
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles (next year 16- 0)
Rofomoto

Postby Area 51% » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:26 pm

It's probably going to be easier if you just change your name.
Area 51%

Postby Rofomoto » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Lol probably
Longassproject
Rofomoto

Postby Area 51% » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:16 pm

Thanks Joe.

Got the Airworthiness Certificate yesterday morning. Not really hard to play the game once you know the rules.

Nothing left to do here except grow a pair.
Last edited by Area 51% on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Area 51%

Postby Rofomoto » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:19 am

Area 51% wrote:Thanks Joe.

Got the Airworthiness Certificate yesterday morning. Not really hard to play the game once you know the rules.

Nothing left to do here except grow a pair,

Great job Randy. I hope mine is approved today!! Light at the end of the tunnel of My longassproject!!
Longassproject
Rofomoto

Postby Area 51% » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 am

Got your next project lined up yet?
Area 51%

Postby Rofomoto » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 am

Area 51% wrote:Got your next project lined up yet?

Yep Peitenpul!
Longassproject
Rofomoto

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion