jabiru 3300 cylinders

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

jabiru 3300 cylinders

Postby tx_swordguy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm

Guys this is a hypothetical question but am looking for some feed back from those more knowledgable than myself. After already having one scored 3300 cylinder and talking with others on the net it seems that the older jab parts are getting scarce. My 3300 is a solid lifter early version. My question comes to this. There are several companies that rebuild cylinders of various makes. If it becomes neccessary to rebuild an unreplaceable cylinder is the nikasil plating an option for the steel cylinders of the older jabs. All the literature states that steel is a doable substrate for this, but I have ZERO experience with any kind of cylinder plating. Most of the information about nikasil treatment I am getting is on aluminum cylinders and on motorcycle or auto cylinders I was able to get a used cylinder from arion aircraft a yr ago, but that doesn't mean it would be available in the future. I am askng out of ignorance so any information would be helpful. There is a rumor that someone on the jab/cammit forum may be doing some small batch runs of various parts like this but I can not get anyone to answer if a cammit cylinder would fit an older jab.
Mark
Mark Whiddon
T25 Aero Estates
Sonex N889AP
jabiru 3300 solid lifter
tx_swordguy

Return to General Discussion