A Waiex in "The Wild"

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

A Waiex in "The Wild"

Postby TheGMan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:21 am

Saw my first Waiex "In The Wild" (not at an airshow or fly-in) today. It flew right over my house and looked like it was headed for Addison or Air Park airport in north Dallas. So, if that was you, I waved at you as you went over.
Gary R
Dallas Area
TheGMan

Re: A Waiex in "The Wild"

Postby Area 51% » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 am

Was watching an episode of some airplane repo show yesterday, and while they were scratching their heads trying to figure out how to recover a Robinson R44, there was a partially assembled Waiex or Xenos in the background. No canopy or cowl, but purebred Sonex. I think it said the episode was first aired in 2015. It was somewhere in Virginia, but naturally, they wouldn't give the name of the airport.
Area 51%

Re: A Waiex in "The Wild"

Postby Area 51% » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Rolling by the Crystal River, FL airport on the way home from breakfast this morning, saw a bright yellow Xenos tied down on the ramp. Went in the FBO to investigate. It was indeed the factory Legacy Xenos. It had been recently purchased by a local, and flown down here to it's new home. The new owner previously was flying a Long Song, a foreign built ultralight motorglider. The FBO attendant told a depressing story of how the Song came to it's untimely demise at the hands of a business jet that wasn't paying close enough attention to it's thrust vector.

Can't wait to meet the gentleman, and bum a ride.
Area 51%

Return to General Discussion