What the !@#$%&*##

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

What the !@#$%&*##

Postby Area 51% » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm

There I was, contemplating the upcoming canopy installation, and thought I'ld go to the Sonex web site to view the drilling/cutting of the plexiglass videos.

You can't watch the videos now unless you're an EAA member with an account.
Area 51%

Re: What the !@#$%&*##

Postby andrewp » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:46 pm

You aren't an EAA member?

I am a member for EAA and AOPA. Both organizations are flawed, but so is everything. They do enough good to justify the money.

Now I assume for Sonex it just happens to be it is being hosted on EAA. See above.

Cheers,

Andrew
andrewp

Postby 9GT » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 pm

What Andrew said. Both organizations are there fighting to keep GA, and more importantly for us, the EXP portion of GA alive and well. Nothing is free in life so ante up and enjoy the benefits!
David Clifford
Howell & Gladwin, MI
RV-9A: Under Construction (I'm a repeat offender!)
RV-10: Built & Sold: Flying Since 2013 N959RV
Cozy MKIV: Built & Sold: Flying Since 2007 N656TE
9GT

Postby Area 51% » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Kind of thought someone would get the wrong idea. Belong to both organizations...thanks for asking. My point is, I used to be able to view the videos simply by going to the Sonex web site. You know...the place I bought the kit from. Does the EAA have some vested interest in Sonex these days?
Area 51%

Postby SonexFactoryTech » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Area 51% wrote:My point is, I used to be able to view the videos simply by going to the Sonex web site. You know...the place I bought the kit from. Does the EAA have some vested interest in Sonex these days?

The Hints For Homebuilders videos are the property of EAA. They were recorded on their equipment, by their people. They were edited on their equipment, on their time, by their people. They are hosted on their website (always have been, even if they may have been embedded in our website). EAA has no vested interest in Sonex Aircraft and Sonex Aircraft has no ownership of those videos. Thank you, EAA, for making this great video resource free to all for as long as you did.

Sonex Aircraft, LLC
SonexFactoryTech

Postby XenosN42 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi,

I've been an EAA member for over 20 years. My favorite benefit: a great magazine. Great articles, pictures and in the back they describe 2-3 tips every month. I've picked up many excellent techniques.

-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby Area 51% » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am

My apologies to both Sonex and the EAA.
Area 51%

Postby jmtraylor » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Awesome response, SonexFactoryTech!

It's posters with topics like this that have all but stopped me from getting involved in this forum, but this one pushed me just a bit too hard.

Thanks EAA for spending our dues to produce an awesome video library. Thanks Sonex for giving your time to contribute Sonex-specific and non-specific content to the library. And thanks to all of the professional aviation organizations that fight for our freedom to fly and protect us from the overreach of big government.

As a former commanding general of mine once said, "professionals belong to professional organizations".

EAA Life Member
AOPA Life Member
Army Aviation Association of America Life Member
Mark Traylor
Sonex #1222B
Helena, AL
jmtraylor

Return to General Discussion