Sonex servo mounts

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Sonex servo mounts

Postby petep » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Anyone got good prints or pictures of either GRT or TruTrak servo in an A model Sonex? Looking to install GRT servos but they are very much like the TruTrak servos. Found several pictures online but no dimensional data to pork with. Dynon has nice install instructions but don't know it that will work for the GRT servos.

Pete
petep

Re: Sonex servo mounts

Postby rdsafe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Pete;

The Dynon instructions will not work with the standard seat installation which I have. David Weber, who developed the Dynon installation used the lowered seat option.

David Weber instructed me to just turn the pitch servo around 180 degrees. Won't work, as the idler pitch link rod hits the top of the servo motor. I made a new mounting bracket for the servo that is 1/4" shorter (lower) and extended the base 5/8" to get the nuts out from under the servo. I've got 1/8" clearance now.

Richard
rdsafe

Re: Sonex servo mounts

Postby davion » Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm

We need to fit the servo mounts soon on buddy's Sonex project, we're just finishing up the installation of the new rack and tonneau cover for kayak mount on his truck. He is looking at the Dynon instruction, guess that David Weber instruction will be easier to start with.
davion

Return to Sonex