Contemplating buying a flying Sonex

Contemplating buying a flying Sonex

Postby Dave Taylor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Good afternoon,
I am considering buying a flying Sonex. Is there anyone in the vicinity of Warner Robins, Georgia who has one that wouldn't mind me sitting in it? I'd like to see how well I fit as well as see how much room there is for me and my 12 year old daughter. Any other useful information is appreciated. For reference Warner Robins is located bout 2 hours south of Atlanta.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Taylor
Dave Taylor

Re: Contemplating buying a flying Sonex

Postby Sid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I am about 300 miles from you. I am near the southern NC SC state line about 40 miles south of Fayetteville NC. I know it is a long way to travel but you are more than welcome to come sit in it or see it. I am trying to sell my Sonex N668LS. I didn't build it and have had it about 10 months. It flies great but I really want a J3 Cub because I am just flying locally. Check your Private Messages.
Sid

Postby daleandee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Last edited by daleandee on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daleandee

Postby Dave Taylor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Thanks for the reply Sid. I was hoping to find one a couple of hours away. If I don't get any other offers I may take you up on it on a later date.

Thanks,

-Dave

Sid wrote:I am about 300 miles from you. I am near the southern NC SC state line about 40 miles south of Fayetteville NC. I know it is a long way to travel but you are more than welcome to come sit in it or see it. I am trying to sell my Sonex N668LS. I didn't build it and have had it about 10 months. It flies great but I really want a J3 Cub because I am just flying locally. Check your Private Messages.
Dave Taylor

Postby Dave Taylor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Thank you for the reply Dale. That sounds like a great place to see several examples. I will definitely attempt to make the fly-in. I was actually looking for a Sonex fly-in but hadn't seen one coming up.

Thanks,

-Dave

daleandee wrote:
Dave Taylor wrote:I am considering buying a flying Sonex. Is there anyone in the vicinity of Warner Robins, Georgia who has one that wouldn't mind me sitting in it? I'd like to see how well I fit as well as see how much room there is for me and my 12 year old daughter. Any other useful information is appreciated.

Dave,

I seen where Sid sent you a message as he is in North Carolina. Something else for you to consider is the upcoming ASA Sonex gathering at Triple Tree airport (SC00) September 6th through the 10th. If the weather is nice I suspect there will be a lot of Sonex aircraft there to see. Hopefully I will be there in my Cleanex (Corvair powered Sonex). It is only three weeks away!

http://www.americansonexassociation.org/events/index.html

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
153.2 hours / Status - in for annual
Dave Taylor

Postby vwglenn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 pm

My Sonex is based out of Griffin, GA. Willing to fly to ya just about any time if you want to look and/or get a ride.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Return to Introductions