Excellent service from Sonex

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Excellent service from Sonex

Postby samiam » Tue May 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Fellow builders,

Wanted to give a quick shout out for the ongoing good service I have had from Sonex. I know others have had complaints here in the past, but for prospective builders, I want them to know the positive side as well.

I recently found that the aft root rib rear-spar attach angle was a closed a little bit too much, causing the aft rib to flare out too far. I tried to bend it back, and marred the part significantly. I sent Sonex an email just asking if the part was still serviceable, and they immediately offered to ship me a new part. It was out the door the same day, free of charge.

This was all for a kit that was purchased over 10 years ago by someone else; I am the secondhand owner. I paid my transfer fee and feel that it has been worth every penny. Sonex tech support has been great and I felt this was above and beyond what I expected. I'm happy to be working with this company.
Mike L
Sonex #1345
Tail complete
Working on wings
samiam

Re: Excellent service from Sonex

Postby scotttro » Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Seconded. I am basically a chimpanzee with a hammer - and the frequency of my errors reflects it - but Sonex has supported my fumblings every step of the way. Same as Mike, my kit was bought from another builder, but that fact has seemingly made no difference to them at all. A builder literally could not ask for more support from a kit supplier than I have experienced.
scotttro

Postby phenry » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm

I have to agree with the previous writers.
When I received my kit after it had been shipped to Australia I did the usual inventory except for opening the wing leading edges box, my thought was that I would not need them for quite a while and they would be safest left in the box.
So approximately a year later I open the box to find only one skin. Although it was a shipping error by Sonex and seeing that I had not identified the issue when the kit was first delivered. I expected to have to order another at my expense or manufacture my own.
I sent an email to Sonex explaining the situation and without any further questions they had a skin in the next kit coming to Australia at no expense to me.
Sonex show outstanding customer service and dedication to their products. I have been very appreciative of their professionalism in every interaction.
Peter Henry
W#149
phenry

Postby Bryan Cotton » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 pm

All of my experiences have been positive. I have had a few issues and Sonex took care of them. Thanks guys!
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to General Discussion