BasicMed

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: BasicMed

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri May 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi all,
Glad to hear the exams going well. Is there anything to study before taking the AOPA online course?
Safe travels this weekend for the two sonex events. Mile high in CO. , and Spring fling in NC.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby builderflyer » Sat May 06, 2017 9:39 am

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
Glad to hear the exams going well. Is there anything to study before taking the AOPA online course?

WaiexN143NM
Michael

Michael,

No need to study anything else. It's all there including many links to additional information. I didn't click on any link but I would think that if you were to click on all of the available links, you could spend several hours, or more, completing the course. All in all it is a comprehensive course that also happens to include things you likely don't need to know, like the connection between scuba diving and flying.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jab3300 #261
(Hope to make Rio Linda again in 2 weeks!)
builderflyer

Postby SonexN76ET » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm

I went in for my regular physical today with my doctor I have used for the past 15 years. I asked the doctor if she would be willing to sign off on the BasicMed physical as well. She gave me an extra thorough physical to include an EKG. This was a more comprehensive physical than I have received during AME flight physical. We were also able to discuss openly all of my medical history and the impact that may or may not have on my flying.

I was injured in combat in Afghanistan in 2002 and was always concerned that these injuries would someday prevent me from getting a class III flight physical. I am very relieved to have BasicMed on the books now so that I can get an individual determination on my health from a private doctor rather than have an AME check some blocks and have to send the physical to the FAA for review by some impersonal bureaucrats. I believe we are all safer with BasicMed as pilots will be more willing to get treatment for any illnesses and injuries that they have.

BasicMed is a good thing in my opinion.

Thanks,

Jake
Sonex Tri Gear, Rotax 912 ULS, Sensenich 3 Blade Ground Adjustable Propeller
MGL Velocity EMS, Garmin GTR 200 Comm, GTX 335 ADS B Out Transponder
ILevil AW AHRS & ADS-B In, UAvionix AV20S
200+ hours previously with Aerovee engine
Sarasota, Florida
SonexN76ET

Previous

Return to General Discussion