Oversized Smilies

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Oversized Smilies

Postby Tnhelm » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 am

Is there anyway your Smilies (airsribe) can be downsized on the email messages to the forum. They fill the entire screen and detract from your message. I did notice today that if I go to the browser to read the message, the Smilies are regular size.

Thanks
Tnhelm
Tnhelm

Re: Oversized Smilies

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 am

Hi all,
Is this tom helm.? We all hope you are doing well. The accident in fdl we saw in the news. Please give us an update.

Godspeed to you.!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby builderflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am

Helm, I agree with your description of these smilies as a "distraction". My Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10.5 also displays these smilies as a full screen face and I haven't found any way to change that on this end. The smilies with motion are especially disturbing, like watching a horror film.

So, I'd like to respectfully ask that the few of you who frequently use these things, refrain from doing so to save some of us the annoyance, pretty please. Your messages are typically too valuable only to be overwelmed by the use of smilies.

Thanks much,

Art, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jab3300 #261
builderflyer

Postby XenosN42 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 am

I agree with the previous posters - those oversized emoticons do distract from the content and are visually annoying.

Looks like the problem is caused by the software that converts the original HTML posting to a mail (EML) format. When I look at the source EML it tags the offending emoticons with "max-width=: 100%;width: 100%". If I remove those tags it looks like it should. This may be something that the forum administrator can alter.

-- Michael
N42XE
N169XE

Tnhelm wrote:Is there anyway your Smilies (airsribe) can be downsized on the email messages to the forum. They fill the entire screen and detract from your message. I did notice today that if I go to the browser to read the message, the Smilies are regular size.

Thanks
Tnhelm
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby NWade » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 pm

FYI: most email programs display HTML; no conversion should be necessary. "EML" is a proprietary format used by Microsoft Email programs (like Outlook Express) and is only used when you actually save messages out as individual files. Its not how emails are normally stored or sent online.

If the Forum Moderators want someone to take a look at the system and try to figure out if this is an issue at the server-side or an issue with some individuals' email programs, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.

--Noel
(IT Guy)
NWade

Postby Tnhelm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Yes, I'm doing well. i was pretty much normal after the ribs healed, but had to wait six months until I completed a precautionary medication treatment.

I can't comment much about the accident yet as the investigation has not been completed.
Tnhelm

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi tom,
Yes good to hear your doing well . And understand awaiting accident report completion.
Hope you can get back to flying soon.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby airscribe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Sorry, Tnhelm and others...been seeing those oversize emojis since joining..and they aren't from me emailing -- they're from here....

So nothing I can do....and surprised more of you haven't noticed them from others, because they've always displayed like that when I open the daily email from this group...

No solution I can think of -- and believe someone else said it's the html conversion from these pages to the email....so it goes...

Dave
Dave Waiex #0216
airscribe

Return to General Discussion