Useful EAA Webinars & Videos

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Useful EAA Webinars & Videos

Postby NWade » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi All,

I've recently had a few folks private-message me, asking about the basics of some topics I mention in my posts. While you can find a lot of information about Sonex-specific topics on this forum, there are many aviation topics that are covered more-thoroughly elsewhere.

One of the best sources is the EAA Video website. (http://www.eaavideo.org) You may already know about the "Hints for Homebuilders" section - where you can find hundreds of short video clips that give you tips and practical examples of common build tasks.

But did you know about the Webinar Archive? These are 60-90 minute videos on all kinds of topics. Some are merely interesting "What If" or sales exercises - but there are also a whole bunch of webinars where an aviation expert discusses a specific topic in-depth! Things like Alternators, Engine Oil, Owning A Homebuilt You Didn't Build, etc. My favorites are by famed A&P Mike Busch - he covers lots of useful operation and maintenance topicsregarding engines and electrical systems.

Enjoy,

--Noel
Sonex #1339

P.S. Sonex Aircraft staff have also participated in making these videos over the years, too! :D
NWade

Re: Useful EAA Webinars & Videos

Postby Darick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I emailed Mike B. some time ago regarding AeroVee and other VW conversions. Unfortunately, at that time, they only studied data from certificated engines, like Continental and Lycoming. Nonetheless, his webinars are packed full of information which can pertain to all engines.
Darick Gundy
Sonex #1646
N417DG
Taildragger, Aerovee, center stick, Prince P-Tip Prop
MGL E1, F2, V6 radio, Sandia Xponder, Reserve lift indicator (AOA), iFly 520
First flight! 10/21/2017
Darick

Return to General Discussion