2016 American Sonex Association Fly-in October 14 & 15

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

2016 American Sonex Association Fly-in October 14 & 15

Postby sonex293 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Hey Guys,

We're getting a late start on the advertising of the ASA2016 Fly-in this year. The dates are October 14th and 15th. Please go to the ASA registration webpage for the latest information and to pre-register.

http://www.americansonexassociation.org ... index.html
--
Michael
sonex293

Re: 2016 American Sonex Association Fly-in October 14 & 15

Postby daleandee » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:03 pm

sonex293 wrote:Hey Guys,

We're getting a late start on the advertising of the ASA2016 Fly-in this year. The dates are October 14th and 15th. Please go to the ASA registration webpage for the latest information and to pre-register.

http://www.americansonexassociation.org ... index.html

Hello Michael,

I just booked my room and was quoted $72.99 instead of the $69.99 on the ASA website. Another few bucks isn't a big deal but I thought I'd pass it along so you could update the web page.

Another question I had was if they are still allowing the Corvair powered Cleanex aircraft in the front:

And lastly ... can you elaborate on what the sing-along- is about on Friday night? I'm guessing that John Davis is a crooner from way back and we'll get to enjoy some of that after dinner! LOL!

Hope to see many of you there ...

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
130.2 hours / Status - Flying
Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-QAxccgas
daleandee

Postby sonex293 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:35 pm

In just about a week is the start of the the American Sonex Association Fly-in in Crossville, TN. Hopefully you've already registered. If not, there's still plenty of time. Looks like we've got a good turnout again this year. If you've never attended, try to make it! You'll be pleasantly surprised on how many new friends you make and how much useful SONEX information your acquire.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there....

Register by going to http://www.americansonexassociation.org/events/index.html

==The ASA Organization Crew==
--
Michael
sonex293

Postby DCASonex » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Was planning and hoping to get to the ASA fly-in this year having missed last couple of years. Plane polished and ready, and weather looking good. BUT just got back from VA with co-pilot (wife) who is the veteran in the family. A month ago she bashed her leg on a dock on Erie Canal, Deep bruise. Three urgent care and one ER visits later, was getting much worse. VA properly cleaned it up, but now a hole the diameter of my thumb and about 2" deep under the skin that needs to be re-packed everyday. Next step is hooking her up to what sounds like a portable battery operated sump pump for the next month or so. She is supposed to stay off it and keep it elevated, While not prohibiting the flight from Western NY to Crossville doc says flying at 5,000 ft. does not count as elevated, (drat) so trip does not look like the smartest thing at this time. Co-pilot seems more upset about missing the trip than I am.

Hope weather is good for all this year. Did get there last year, but just couple of days late. Got to relative's place just other side of mountains, but weather did not cooperate for trip over. Stopped at Crossville on way home and fuel jockey there looked at my plane and announced, "There was just a convention of these things here a couple of days ago." (Thanks)

David A. Sonex TD #1327 CAMit 3300 #0004

PS: Tom and Michael. The oops tools did not make it to the mail today, will go out tomorrow.
DCASonex

Postby Bob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:37 am

David,
Sorry to hear about your co-pilot. I was looking forward to meeting you in Crossville. Hope to see you there next year (flying my Xenos if finally finished by then).
Bob(Xenos no. 59 and one of your oops tools borrowers)
Bob

Postby vwglenn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:17 am

Rosie is ready to go. Plan to be there Friday if all goes well.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Return to Fly-Ins