corrosion protection

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Re: corrosion protection

Postby merinoff » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 pm

FWIW, I went to the Sonex workshop 10 years ago. As part of the experience, you build a wing section. I took the thing home and mounted it on a pole in my backyard (20 miles northwest of Philadelphia PA). Not a bit of corrosion.
Now the test piece I put in the sump in the basement is another story - I have a water softener that discharges salty water into it.
merinoff

Postby daleandee » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Last edited by daleandee on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
daleandee

Postby ihab » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:10 am

merinoff wrote:FWIW, I went to the Sonex workshop 10 years ago. As part of the experience, you build a wing section. I took the thing home and mounted it on a pole in my backyard (20 miles northwest of Philadelphia PA).

You have had a random piece of airplane up on a pole in your yard for 10 years, and your neighbors did not complain. I want to live in your neighborhood.

Ihab
Ihab Awad, San Jose, CA
ihab

Postby rizzz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:35 am

ihab wrote:
merinoff wrote:FWIW, I went to the Sonex workshop 10 years ago. As part of the experience, you build a wing section. I took the thing home and mounted it on a pole in my backyard (20 miles northwest of Philadelphia PA).

You have had a random piece of airplane up on a pole in your yard for 10 years, and your neighbors did not complain. I want to live in your neighborhood.

Ihab

Why in the world would your neighbors complain about that?
Michael
Sonex #145 from scratch (mostly)
Taildragger, 2.4L VW engine, AeroInjector, Prince 54x48 P-Tip
VH-MND, CofA issued 2nd of November 2015
First flight 7th of November 2015
Phase I Completed, 11th of February 2016
http://www.mykitlog.com/rizzz/
rizzz

Previous

Return to Sonex