revmaster parts ?

Other VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Hummel), Corvair, Viking, etc. ****THESE ENGINES ARE NOT FACTORY APPROVED.****

revmaster parts ?

Postby tx_swordguy » Sun May 16, 2021 12:58 pm

I am helping a buddy with a revmaster powered onex. He has a cylinder/ring issue causing low compression readings on leak down. we are going to pull the cylinder off this week and I am wondering about the possibility of getting some parts aftermarket such as gaskets. I would suspect that although the engine is greatly changed from a standard vw it probably has some standard auto parts as well that can be bought at local stores. I am thinking the gaskets (head, intake, exhaust gaskets might be bought locally). I will know tomorrow when we pull it off but is there a cylinder base gasket? It looks like maybe some high temp red was squished out at the cyl-block interface so I don't know if this is standard practice or if there is a gasket as well. Also am questioning the jugs as to whether they are special or just every day vw jugs. If any of these can be bought locally what is the basic motor and or what vehicle would I be looking these items up under?
Thanks Mark
Mark Whiddon
T25 Aero Estates
Sonex N889AP
jabiru 3300 solid lifter
tx_swordguy

Re: revmaster parts ?

Postby WesRagle » Sun May 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Hey Mark,

Looks like the RevMaster site is down but ... The article Pat published on the RevMaster showed custom jugs. They were extended on the base to help keep the piston centered at the bottom of the stroke.

Wes
Wes Ragle
Onex #89
Conventional Gear
Long Tips
Hummel 2400 w/Zenith Carb
Prince P Tip 54x50
First Flight 06/23/2020
42.8 Hrs. as of 10/30/21
WesRagle

Re: revmaster parts ?

Postby BRS » Sun May 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Indeed, their site is offline. Not to fear, they are alive and kicking, I spoke to Joe Friday. He is just finishing up a batch of ten engines (one with my name on it). They probably forgot to pay the isp bill.

Give them a call at 760-244-3074. Roberta usually answers but if you call around 10am you should be able to talk to Joe directly.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Return to Other Engines