aerovee turbo (used for sale)

Discussion of the Aerovee kit engine.

aerovee turbo (used for sale)

Postby jond » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:05 am

I have a turbo aerovee sitting in my garage doing not so much. It was an 80 HP aerovee that I upgraded to turbo a few years ago.I had this engine installed in a Zenair 601 UL in canada and had an engine out landing into a mature oat field and flipped the aircraft. The engine ran great prior, and the accident was caused by fuel flow issues. the wooden prob broke, i decided to scrap the aircraft since the light (.016 skins) aluminum was damaged too much to reasonably repair. My rather expensive kit returned 29 canadian dollars at the scrappers! not a very good return on investment for sure! The engine performed well when i wasn't having fuel flow issues, never ran hot since the turbo upgrade and has the secondary oil cooler for when the engine is shut off to ensure that the turbo does not coke when oil flow stops at shutdown.

If anyone is thinking about buying a turbo aerovee kit, please consider this 2.0 turbo upgrade lightly used engine as a more reasonable alternative! You can get all of the parts for 1/2 of the price of new and also comes with aerovee spinner, a great test prop from when it was only 80hp, as well as primer and primer injectors included. if you are concerned with the condition of the crank, a new crankshaft is only a few hundred dollars. Personally i would not hesitate to fly with the current crank since i know what the crank went through when I flipped the aircraft, but i understand if there is concern with its condition. In any case, here is a great engine for a perspective builder on a budget to get into an aerovee turbo for a huge discount from new. Current price of the turbo is ~16000 USD. Im looking for $8,000 USD plus shipping.

Im near edmonton international (YEG) .
jond

Return to Aerovee