Ignition module alternatives

Discussion of the Aerovee kit engine.

Ignition module alternatives

Postby Titanium Cranium » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Does anyone know if there are options other than the Aerovee brand for the electronic ignition pick-up sensors? My rear module went bad, and I've ordered a replacement, but they're apparently on backorder with no info as to how long the backorder may be. The rear module that went bad isn't an Aerovee brand pick-up, so there must be some options other than Aerovee, but I'm having trouble finding where to get something to install while I wait for the Aerovee module. The non-Aerovee part is the one that has failed, but I wonder if there is another brand out there that might be just as reliable as the recommended one, if not more reliable.
Tom Hilsdorf
N37YX
Dayton, OH
Titanium Cranium

Re: Ignition module alternatives

Postby daleandee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 am

daleandee

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am

Does anyone by chance have a spare secondary ignition pickup Tom can have and then you'll get his when he gets it? Maybe someone has a spare or has already got their engine kit but is a ways from assembly? Just a thought...

I'm sure Tom would appreciate the help getting his Waiex back in the air!
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Postby marsolgp » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I just happen to have two spares..... one I removed for troubleshooting, turned out to be a coil (intermittent problem). Another brand new one, unopened since received from Sonex last year.

You are welcome to buy my new one for whatever Sonex sells them for and I'll ship it out free Priority mail. Let me know.
G. Marsolais
Waiex w/Turbo Aerovee
Rotec TBI, Sensenich Climb Prop
MGL Xtreme EFIS & EMS
A/P, iFly720 w/ADS-B
marsolgp

Postby Titanium Cranium » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

marsolgp wrote:I just happen to have two spares..... one I removed for troubleshooting, turned out to be a coil (intermittent problem). Another brand new one, unopened since received from Sonex last year.

You are welcome to buy my new one for whatever Sonex sells them for and I'll ship it out free Priority mail. Let me know.

That would be awesome! I'll PM you to work out the details. You're my hero!
Tom Hilsdorf
N37YX
Dayton, OH
Titanium Cranium

Return to Aerovee