AeroVee Turbo

Discussion of the Aerovee kit engine.

AeroVee Turbo

Postby Kai » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 am

Talking about temps in genereal- what kind of temps could one expect to see in the turbo induction manifold; say for instance at the maximum of 40"MP.

One thing is the temperature rise due to compression, then you have the possible increase due to heat convection and radiation in the turbo. Finally any possible cooling du to fuel evaporation.

Has anybody had a temp gauge in there- one that is not also picking up the engine room temp?

Thanks
Kai
Kai

Re: AeroVee Turbo

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am

I only really hold 40 till the ground is a little bit away from me, I climb out at 35,,,, My personal max temp I like to see is about 380 absolute max , 370 preferred. I lower the nose and climb out at around 85-90 kts and see good climb rates still. I have a Rotec tbi and a much enlarged outlet underneath with a good sized lip. I've never measured inside cowl temps but my secondary ign modules swelled up early in the piece from radiated heat I expect until I added a ali shield. I've flown now for 53 hours. Absolutely no idea about the intake temps either. I just love the performance of it. I've had some pretty major teething problems but I'm hoping they are all behind me.
Sonex 1645
VH-VWS
Tailwheel
Former Aerovee Turbo
Rotax 912
Brett

Return to Aerovee