Sticky AeroInjector Slide

Discussion of the Aerovee kit engine.

Sticky AeroInjector Slide

Postby B1sara » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Has anyone solved the problem with the AeroInjector slide sticking as a result of the engine running vacuum? I am at my wits end. The newer cable from AeroConversions doesn't help. Routing is good. Engine off it moves as it should. Any ideas welcome!
B1sara

Re: Sticky AeroInjector Slide

Postby sonex1284 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 pm

I had the same issue with the Aeroinjector & Jab 3300, in conjunction with trying to use a vernier-style (push-pull) throttle and "reverser" horn. After contacting the factory, I replaced them all with the Sonex pull-style throttle quadrant and the problem went away. I later replaced the threaded Sonex cable with a solid cable when I discovered some fraying. I've had no issues since.

Mike #1284
Mike Kelley
The Villages, FL 32163
Sonex 1284, N154MK, Tri-Gear w/Jab 3300
sonex1284

Re: Sticky AeroInjector Slide

Postby mike.smith » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:52 am

I REALLY thought that was the problem, but what it was in fact (at least for me) was too many bends in the throttle cable, even though they were gradual. I originally had my AeroInjector so the cable entrance was facing aft. The factory Sonex have the carbs mounted so the cable entrance faces forward. It sounds counter intuitive, but when I did this, it worked almost TOO well! What a difference!! Here is my log entry:
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_l ... 3253&row=3

I used the Sonex throttle cable, but was not happy using the included cable, so I bought some stainless solid wire and used that. I have a LOT of it left over. I'd be happy to send you some if you go that route.

This orientation has had the added benefit of making my fuel line much shorter, and less susceptible to heating and vapor lock (braided hose, with fire sleeve, and heat reflecting tape).

Mike Smith
Sonex #439
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Return to Aerovee