Sonex flight podcast

Discussion area for the Sonex Flight Podcast. Show announcements and post-show discussions.

Re: Sonex flight podcast

Postby andrewp » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 pm

I listened to podcast #6 on the way home again from my corporate death star. That was pretty informative and I look forward to hearing Kerry on the electronic radio (what other type is there Andrew?). Kerry is of course who the most interesting man in the world commercials were really based on. I know this because he told me. In morse code. On a boat. While laying down. Actually he didn't, but maybe he did.

Since Mark asked, I wanted to remind him that I want a four place, so I just sent him my pointless view on the subject. And now I am writing about it here. Again. Actually I am deadly serious about this. Again. I want a Sonex type aircraft with a 160-180 hp UL engine in the front, that can hold four people (the plane not the engine). I have said this before - my wife and my kids WANT to go flying and go places. I LOVE my sonex (as do they), but I don't want to go flying with some dude. I want to go with my hot wife (her temperature is elevated, she should see the doctor) and we can't go anywhere unless we take the kids because apparently it is illegal or something. Seriously, some of the best aviating we have done is as a family. The entire family WANTS to go places more often than I want to fly them (or can afford to) Make me an 60-80k airplane that does that and I will build it. An SV-10? A fourex? Actually, just call it a XXXX! (MAde myself laugh). Ok ... how about FourPlay? Yes, that will do. I won't end up divorced and everyone is happy. John will order a hit on me in the near future, so it has been nice writing this post!

BTW, can you get that Jessica person on the podcast (if she is willing to come on). I know she has been lurking at the Sonex rebel base for a bit now and I know she is kind of a person with an amazing background. I have never met her per se, but if we are getting some more staff on the podcast and if she was one day willing, like to hear about her journey to be at Sonex.

Alright enough out of me, I have children to yell at.

BTW: We almost made it to Crossville this year, but once again life intervenes. To all flying to KCSV, may you all have a great time.

And thanks to Jeff, those other dudes whose names I never catch and to Mark for the podcast.

Cheers,

Andrew
andrewp

Postby mike.smith » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:59 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
Just listened to podcast #6. Thanks jeff, mark, john, gary. Well done.
WaiexN143NM
Michael

I second that! I just finished listening and it was REALLY great to hear Mark Schaible talk about so many Sonex topics. This was the kind of conversation that we probably all wish we could have been part of. Thanks!
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby sonex1374 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:24 am

The wait is over....Episode 7 "Tuning the AeroInjector" is posted! Kerry does a great job breaking down the tuning process. I think you're going to enjoy this information, regardless of your experience with the AeroInjector.

http://www.sonexflight.com/7/index.html
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Postby SP1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:55 pm

sonex1374 wrote:The wait is over....Episode 7 "Tuning the AeroInjector" is posted! Kerry does a great job breaking down the tuning process. I think you're going to enjoy this information, regardless of your experience with the AeroInjector.

http://www.sonexflight.com/7/index.html

Enjoyed the podcast. I'm still in the process of deciding on an engine and Kerry's history of the issues with the AeroCarb and how they were addressed in the Aeroinjector gave me more confidence on my ability to tune the system.
SP1

Postby ldmill » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:34 pm

I also wanted to chime in here, I discovered these podcasts last week on a trip down to Austin, Tx. Fantastic!!! The discussions are solid, real world, and honest. The amount of effort to prepare, perform, then edit and post a professional quality end result like this is truly a work of dedicated individuals. I'd like to thank Jeff Schultz, Gary Motley, John Gilles, and the guest speakers who participate in these (hopefully I spelled your names correctly!). What an incredible resource the Sonex community has!
Lorin Miller
Waiex N81YX
Jab3300, Bing, MGL Stratomaster Ultra Horizon (with FloScan)

P.S. Nobody bribed me to say any of this... :)
ldmill

Postby andrewp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:40 am

Any excuse to hear Kerry talk about anything, darn it. I would listen to a podcast with him saying "bork" over and over.
andrewp

Previous

Return to SonexFlight Podcast