B-Model Build Logs

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a second generation Sonex or Waiex.

Re: B-Model Build Logs

Postby Spaceman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 pm

sonex892. wrote:Really good to see Sonex finally change the recommended wing rigging method. This is a big improvement on the hit and miss piloted bit method.
Until now I was wondering how the attach blocks could be supplied updrilled to 1/2" and be able to line up. It appears to be only the right set are pre CNC bored. The left set are bored with the wings mated using the drill guide. Is this correct Spaceman?

The kit comes with two pilot drilled pairs of wing attach blocks, but you just updrill one set to 1/2" and then call them the RH blocks. Otherwise you are correct!

The wing spars already had the 3/16” holes drilled for the attach blocks, so once I updrilled the attach blocks I just bolted them on and they were ready to go. From there the 1/2" holes are the "master" if you will, so they get transferred through the RH spar web, LH spar web, and finally the LH attach blocks.

I agree, the process now takes away a lot of the uncertainty that was present (from what I've read) on the legacy models!
Chris Paegelow
N21YX / Waiex-B #21 / Roseville, CA
http://paegelow.blogspot.com/
Spaceman

B-Model Build Logs

Postby drPete » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Spaceman wrote:Any other B-model builders out there?

I built my Waiex tail kit in summer 2015 (which I bought in 2011!), but I didn't have the time or money then to buy the rest of the kit. Fast forward a year and I had the money to buy my airframe kit last October, and in the meantime they released the new B-models! So I'm building Waiex B #21.

Here's a link to my build log:
http://paegelow.blogspot.com/

Anyone else have a B model build log going? I haven't found any by googling so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Pete
Xenos-B s/n XNB0010
xenos.n25xb@gmail.com

drPete

B-Model Build Logs

Postby drPete » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:23 pm

A Xenos-B quick build http://www.mykitlog.com/drPete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Pete
Xenos-B s/n XNB0010
xenos.n25xb@gmail.com

drPete

Postby EineBeBoP » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:36 am

http://www.facebook.com/MattsWaiexB

Just the tail kit so far. Going slow as I'm saving for the next kit while building.
EineBeBoP

Postby Bill Sargent » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm

I agree use the metric measurements!!!.We went metric years ago, it wasnt a big hassle at all.
Besides when you are doing 62MPH you are going 100KMH its much faster and you will will get there sooner.
As far as the gap between the rims, cut a strip of poster paper and put over the joint all the way around between the rim and the tube and you will solve the pinching issue.
Bill S
Sonex 160
Now using the LAST Camit 2200 ever made
Bill Sargent

Postby n307tw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey Guys,

First post here! I am building a Sonex-B Tri-gear. I'm doing the build as a buy as you go for money reasons (like most of us). Ordered the tail in June, got it in July, and as of today I have about 90% completed. Ordered the fuselage kit and its hopefully going to be shipped by the end of this month. I hope to finance the wings/motor/avionics once fuselage is complete but we will see. It has been a lot of fun, screwed up the rudder control surface so waiting on a replacement but otherwise its been awesome. If you want to, follow my build on my website. www.n307tw.com. Thanks for all your future help in advance!
Tim Wrede
Long Island, NY
Sonex-B #18, Nosedragger
Aeromomentum AM15, Garmin G3X
My Build Site
n307tw

Postby n307tw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:22 pm

EineBeBoP wrote:http://www.facebook.com/MattsWaiexB

Just the tail kit so far. Going slow as I'm saving for the next kit while building.

Been following your build on FB - keep up the solid work!
Tim Wrede
Long Island, NY
Sonex-B #18, Nosedragger
Aeromomentum AM15, Garmin G3X
My Build Site
n307tw

Postby rk2436 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Go easy on the deburring. You just want to knock off the burr and avoid countersinking the material. Usually just 1 spin on the deburring tool is enough on thin stock. Use a hand tool as a bit in a power tool is overkill.
Bob K
Orig builder kit 1143
Now flying RV-12
Evergreen Park,Il
rk2436

Previous

Return to Sonex-B / Waiex-B