Arizona Sonex Type campout

Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona

Arizona Sonex Type campout

Postby Sonex1517 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 pm

Posted for David:

dates: 2016-06-24 thru 2016-06-26, Friday and Saturday nights.
place: Payson Municipal Airport onsite campgrounds.

Hi Sonex Type people. The first annual Arizona Sonex Type campout is approaching. I've had several people with inquires, so here are all of the details that I can think of:

Payson airport is KPAN. It has a beautiful campground with clean restrooms and hot showers. Tent sites are free and come complete with firewood (if there are no fire restrictions). If you are driving up, the airport address for your Tomtom is:

806 W. AIRPORT RD
PAYSON, AZ 85541
Phone 928-472-4748
www.airnav.com/airport/kpan

Directions from PHX: take hi-way 87 thru Fountain Hills to Payson, past the 260 intersection in Payson, past Walmart, to the first round-a-bout. Take the west round-a-bout exit which is Airport Road to the top of the hill. Turn in toward the restaurant on the right and then turn left onto the service road. Campgrounds on your right.

There is parking for RVs if you tow something up, but let me or the airport manager (Ray Law) know when you arrive so we can meet you at the locked gate.

There is an excellent restaurant on site, as well as a free courtesy car. I also will help with transportation if anyone needs something.

The town of Payson has Concerts in the Park on Saturday nights, which we can attend if there is any interest.

If you are planning on flying in on Friday, you need to check airport status if you plan to arrive between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The runway is scheduled to be closed for construction during that time, reopening at 4:30 p.m.

Please RSVP to this email if you plan to come, and include which nights. Copyall if you like... Forward this message to anyone you think may be interested. My cell number is 928-363-0555.
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517

Return to Southwest