Start the Clock

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: Start the Clock

Postby GLENDSMITH » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Just read about your ONEX project and your Nashville location. I have S/N 110 and located at Hunter Field (06TN). If you would like to stop in we are on the Atlanta sectional near the GM plant in Spring Hill. We have a local EAA chapter that meets on the second Saturday of the month at noon. Contact me at gsmith38401@gmail.com.
GLENDSMITH

Re: Start the Clock

Postby Stogie6 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Brief update on my kit (ONX0153).
Went to the Sonex Workshop in March. Good weekend even though it was colder than cold! Had a small issue with the wing spars as the supplier used the wrong aluminum - not 6061. We sent them back for testing to find out that the inner spar was bad. Better now than later. Mark at the factory made all this go away and corrected the error. Spent this past weekend (12-14 Apr 14) getting the fuse skins riveted (not the aft bottom skin - that will be last). Installed the vert stab, rudders, brake and flap handles and set the bird on its feet. Left outter wing is back to the build right before the spar recall. And, had anothe Onex builder come visit. We met Jim Rief (Katy, TX) at the workshop. I will attempt to post photos once I get them to a reasonable size and figure out how to. Keep pulling those rivets!
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Previous

Return to Onex