Onex Toe Brakes

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Onex Toe Brakes

Postby Scott99 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:12 pm

One of the winter projects I'd like to do to my Onex is toe brakes. Most of the stuff I need is in place, except for the pedals / master cylinder mounts, etc...

I've seen all of the older posts where people have done this already, but that's the problem...they're old. I'm really not in a position to fabricate the entire setup myself, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a upgrade kit that can be purchased that is currently available, or if there are complete plans available that I can take a machine shop and have fabricated.

My plane currently has differential heel brakes with Match master cylinders and calipers...which I could ideally reuse, but am open to replacing components if absolutely necessary.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Wells
OneX #0068 - N681X
New Palestine, IN
Scott99

Re: Onex Toe Brakes

Postby Gordon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am

Toe Brakes in a Onex

Scott...…..I have toe brakes in my Onex. I started out with Heagar heel brakes with the Sonex disc brake upgrade. This proved to be unsatisfactory.
I then converted to toe brakes using Matco cylinders (the same as my RV-7).

If you want more info and some photos...... email me direct. gdbaxter78@gmail.com

Gordon...…..Hummel 2400...…...Onex...…..First flight June 23, 2018.
Gordon

Re: Onex Toe Brakes

Postby N21X » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm

Im also getting ready to do a toe brake install on my Onex. I have a friend building a Panther and they have a great design with this setup, ill try to post pics. I believe it’s compatible with the sonex/Onex rudder pedals with minor fabrication.

Could post pic, but you can text me for pic at 818-620-8117
CFI, CFI—I, MEI, MEI-I, ATP, A&P
US ARMY Veteran
Rv9a - Flying
Rv3a - Flying
Onex #165 (Flush riveted w/AM 13 AEROMOMENTUM 127hp & a 59” 4 blade prop)
N21X

Return to Onex