RevMaster Engine Issues in Onex?

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: RevMaster Engine Issues in Onex?

Postby GordonTurner » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi Paul

I visited Ross at SDS last year at his shop in Calgary. I was impressed before just from his website

http://www.sdsefi.com/

but having met him in person and spent the better part of an afternoon talking about my motor I am really impressed, both with his knowledge and accomplishments, but almost more importantly with his honesty and interest. I will eventually have SDS in my plane, but his strong recommendation was get her flying first with the carburetor and once the airframe is worked out call him back to work out an upgrade.

Read this post: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=106&p=697&hilit=SDS+AEROVEE#p697

The upgrade will likely run a couple thousand, plus or minus depending on your personal fabrication abilities. At least worth checking out.

All the best, Gordon
Waiex 158 New York. N88YX registered.
3.0 Liter Corvair built, run, and installed.
Garmin panel, Shorai LiFePo batteries.
GordonTurner

Postby XenosN42 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 am

Hi Paul,

Michael here, I met you and Ned at the Blairstown, NJ airport (1N7) about a month ago.

I'm curious, what were the symptoms you were seeing with your RevMaster engine that caused you to return the ignition plate to the manufacturer?
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby Eckenroth » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks Gordon. Michael: The problem I have with the Revmaster is that it will not continue to run. It starts fine but only runs for a few seconds before shutting off. Double checked fuel flow and checked the carb for dirt. All was good. The Revmaster starts using battery power to the ignition from the starter solenoid which is disconnected along with the starter when the engine starts. At that point the engine should be generating power to the ignition modules. The factory thinks that this change over is not occurring and therefore the return of the electronics to the factory. The request for info on SDS was related to creating a Plan B. The factory has had the electronics in hand for over 2 weeks and I still don't know if it tests OK or not.

Paul
Eckenroth

Previous

Return to Onex