Aileron push rods clearance

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Aileron push rods clearance

Postby petep » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Been working on installing the short aileron push tubes today and had to file open the slot in the spar web to get clearance for the push rod. A real beast of an all day job. Had opened the slot to match the opening in the spar end fitting during wing construction but it was not enough. Any others encounter this? I seem to remember seeing something to that effect some where but can remember where I read it.
petep

Re: Aileron push rods clearance

Postby dirkverdonck » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 am

Hi, Yes, had the same issues there. I enlarged the holes before skinning. Dirk Onex 117
Attachments
DSC02262small.JPG
aftter enlarging
DSC02261small.JPG
original hole
Dirk Verdonck
Leffinge, Belgium
Onex #117
Taildragger, Aerovee 2.1, MGL iEFIS, TRIG radio and Transponder, electric flaps, external elevator trim, shortened wingtips, hydraulic brakes, hightened seat pan, extra inspection panels, etc
dirkverdonck

Re: Aileron push rods clearance

Postby Tnhelm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:21 am

Same here. Started rounding the gap with file, which was to slow and awkward. Finished with dremel cuttin tool from rear side of spar through wing inspection hole. That way I was able to monitor progress through front side of spar. After increasing the clearance I finished with dremel polishing wheel, similar to Scottbright deburring wheel. Aileron movement now butter smooth. Whole process less than two hours, both sides.

OneX #137
Tnhelm

Return to Onex