Air filter for Revmaster

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Air filter for Revmaster

Postby onex28 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Need some help in finding an air filter that will fit on the Revmaster 2300 without having to modify the cowl of the Onex. I just need a filter, not the ram air adaption. You can pm me with model #'s, installation photos, souces, adaptions and suggestions.

David. mudywatr@comcast.net
onex28

Re: Air filter for Revmaster

Postby onex28 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm surprised that There were no responses to my earlier post. Will try again.

I would like to see photos or hear descriptions of how Onex builders installed air filters on their Revmaster engInes without using the ram air option. Also, how many Revmaster Onex's are flying with no filter. You can PM me at mudywatr@comcast.net. My dilemma is finding an air filter that will fit within the cowling.

Thanks for the responses.

David
onex28

Postby cliffrunkle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 pm

I fly the Rev in my Sonex with out the ram air. and it too was a problem of which I solved by placing a screen over the Intake held in place by a Hose clamp. However rude and crude it may sound, it is effective.
I have now flown over 500 hrs and my oil consumption is nil.
cliffrunkle

Postby Xenos50 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:47 pm

I have Revmaster 2300 on my Xenos. Ordered the filter from Revmaster asking them to put a plug instead of ram air inlet, so the filter came with the aluminum plug as I asked. I had to modify the cowl since obviously this stock filter would not fit inside the standard cowl. The modification is just a cutout and an addition of a fiberglass "beard" for the filter. No ram air inlet in the cowl. I did not fly my Xenos yet, so do not know yet how it will perform. As I know Thatcher CX-5 is using Zenith 2122 carburetor. This might not require the cowl modification, but it will require a carburetor heater. CX-5 has the carb heater.
Xenos50

Postby onex28 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Thanks for the responses. I don't want to cut and fiberglass the cowl so I'll go with cliffrunkle's solution.

David
onex28

Return to Onex