Onex panel

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: Onex panel

Postby Onex11 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi Marc,

I am actually ONEX0021 located in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec. Since you have reserved C-GOIX, I am supposing you will using the amateur built category. Have you considered using the basic ultralight category? Much less paperwork and costs. I am still debating the usefulness of flying a single place A/C as amateur built, unless you will use it at night.

I would be curious to hear from you.

Thanks.

Rheal.
Rheal
ONEX plans 0021
Onex11

Postby Mike53 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Marc,a little of the subject but I noticed that you have C-GOIX reserved under your signature.Does this mean you have this call sign reserved before you build your plan and if so who did you contact .Did you have a choice or was it given to you.I think it would be great to reserve call letters of your own choosing if thats possible.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby Mike53 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Marc,

I am actually ONEX0021 located in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec. Since you have reserved C-GOIX, I am supposing you will using the amateur built category. Have you considered using the basic ultralight category? Much less paperwork and costs. I am still debating the usefulness of flying a single place A/C as amateur built, unless you will use it at night.

I would be curious to hear from you.

Thanks.

Rheal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having to wear a helmet would be a real drag especially in the summer.I did some taildragger training in a champ that is registered in the ultralight cat.and I despised that helmet every time I put it on.
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby GOIX » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 am

Hi Guys,

I didn't over think the the amateur built vs. basic ultra light . I am aware that there is more expense and red tape with the amateur built option but I also think it adds some value . I am confident that the airplane would be just as well built and safe either way but the requirement for inspections isn't a bad thing in my opinion . It also may tell a prospective buyer in the future that it's been scrutinized to a higher standard . The helmet requirement for basic ultralight is also a consideration.

Regarding the reservation of markings , you can do it online with Transport Canada . You can search markings that are available , chose something you like , and pay $140 for the privilege of choosing something you like as opposed to it being randomly assigned . I better build the plane fast because I will have to pay that same fee every year until I've actually registered the aircraft . This may be a waste of money but what the heck ! I thought GO IX was kind of fun . You just have to imagine that the I is a 1 !

Back on topic........

Regarding the Comm choice , is that a V10 ? I'm very interested to see the new MGL V6 2.25" Comm that should be coming out soon . That and a 2.25" Trig Xponder should work well on the small 1X panel.

Marc
Marc
Onex 0024
C-GOIX reserved
GOIX

Postby Onex107 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Your panel looks exactly like mine in Onex 107. The Extreme is a little small but I'm getting used to it. I don't know how to include a picture in this reply or I would.
OneX 107
N2107X
Onex107

Postby onex28 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:42 pm

I can't find 'Merle Reppert's email address and I want to ask him a question. I saw a photo of his panel and he had an MGL V6 installed. Does anyone know if he moved the panel aft to install that com?

L
onex28

Postby Ray Krause » Mon May 05, 2014 11:34 am

Merle Reppert: centecMR @aol.com
Ray Krause

Postby onex28 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks Ray.
onex28

Postby dirkverdonck » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 am

Hello,

I am planning my instrument panel and came up with Dynon 180 and TRIG radio and transponder.
To have this set-up accepted by my Airworthiness Authority, I have to show them examples of similar panels that have been approved elsewhere!!!!

Anyone out there that can help with a picture and a DAR approval of some sort or Airworthiness Certificate?

Many thanks,

Dirk Verdonck
OneX #117

for some reason, I cannot upload a picture of my panel lay-out!!
Dirk Verdonck
Leffinge, Belgium
Onex #117
Taildragger, Aerovee 2.1, MGL iEFIS, TRIG radio and Transponder, electric flaps, external elevator trim, shortened wingtips, hydraulic brakes, hightened seat pan, extra inspection panels, etc
dirkverdonck

Postby radfordc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 am

dirkverdonck wrote:Hello,

I am planning my instrument panel and came up with Dynon 180 and TRIG radio and transponder.
To have this set-up accepted by my Airworthiness Authority, I have to show them examples of similar panels that have been approved elsewhere!!!!

What happens if someone builds an original design for which their are no examples?
radfordc

PreviousNext

Return to Onex