Onex panel

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: Onex panel

Postby dirkverdonck » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi,
In some places, things are not as easy as in the U.S......Homebuilding and getting it all approved is something of a adventure in most European countries.
Dirk
OneX #117
Dirk Verdonck
Leffinge, Belgium
Onex #117
Taildragger, Aerovee 2.1, MGL iEFIS, TRIG radio and Transponder, electric flaps, external elevator trim, shortened wingtips, hydraulic brakes, hightened seat pan, extra inspection panels, etc
dirkverdonck

Postby Stogie6 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 pm

And a very Merry Christmas to all Onex builders (and other Sonex related products). I just got the green light from Santa to order the MGL Discovery Lite for my Onex (#153). It may be more than the airframe needs, but I like the idea of it all being right there and I live under Class B so plugging into the system from time to time will be nice. It is really going to be a neat package. Photos once it is installed.
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Postby Stogie6 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Exciting day today. My MGL shippment arrived. Full of good stuff - Discovery Lite, Sandia transponder, V-6 radio, all the appropriate harnesses and antenna's, etc. I will post photos after I get everything installed (mid Feb or early March). Lots to do now. 90% complete and 90% to go. ;)
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Stogie6

Postby onexpaul » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Stogie6,

How is the panel going? I'd love to see how it turns out. I'm thinking of the same setup.

Paul
Athens, GA
onexpaul

Postby Stogie6 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 am

The panel is going slow as I have been focused on completing the inboard wing panels and the flap connections. Panel cutout was simple and radio installation was easy as well. I will post pics soon.
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Stogie6

Postby Onex107 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Your panel looks a lot like mine with a few exceptions. My radio is on the right side of the Extreme and where your radio is I have a fuse panel, using the automotive mini fuses that light up when they blow. I don't want to have the ability to reset a breaker until it smokes. My GPS is a Garmin 496 and is mounted on a bracket on the right side.
The Extreme is a great instrument. It has more information than I have ever had in a cockpit. It gives you so much more to worry about. Something to think about. Your left hand has a lot to do when you fly. Flaps, brake, throttle, trim, and mixture. You want to use the right hand for the stick and other functions.
OneX 107
70 hours and counting
OneX 107
N2107X
Onex107

Postby PeterNYNJ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 am

Hi everyone, I just built my Onex panel using mainly analog gauges for now (some from my old car).
Here's how it all fit so far for anyone wondering. I even left some space for an EFIS someday.
For fuel, I'm thinking of going with a slot in the panel or a sight mirror for simplicity to see how that works.
Thanks everyone for posting their Onex panels, it helped me a lot when planning mine.
Attachments
IMG_4573s.jpg
IMG_4573s.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Peter
Onex #170
Aerovee 2.1
Conventional Gear
Flight Test Phase 1
PeterNYNJ

Postby onex28 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:44 pm

I fly out of class B and need a transponder. Not much room on the ONEX panel so I installed a vertical panel to house my Sandia STX 165. Put it low enough to clear the fuel tank and I can use the space above for my Garmin Aera. I plan on installing a remote ident momentary on the left side of the panel.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/240x2 ... ZpBocT.jpg

N951X reserved
N351D flying
onex28

Previous

Return to Onex