UL Power for Onex

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

UL Power for Onex

Postby JT1974 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Is anyone planning on installing a UL Power engine in their Onex? I haven't purchased an engine for my Onex kit yet and I was reading about the UL Power 260 series, which looked like a very appealing engine choice. The UL Power engines are designed to bolt right up to Jabiru engine mounts. Therefore, since Sonex has decided to open up the engine choices for the Sonex and Waiex B series kits I would really like to encourage the factory to consider selling engine mounts for Jabiru and UL Power engines for the Onex.

I see that Merle Reppert built his own engine mount to install a Jabiru 3300 in his Onex. I'd love to do that, but I'm not skilled enough to fabricate my own engine mount.

Anyone from the factory care to comment on this? I know Jeremy designed the Onex around the Aerovee and I might end up installing an Aerovee. However, the UL Power 260 series with its FADEC electronic fuel injection just looks awesome to me.

I'm also considering going the Aerovee Turbo route, but I'd like to see a couple of them flying in the Onex airframe before committing to the Turbo.
Jason T
Onex 182
JT1974

Re: UL Power for Onex

Postby Concorde » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Onex B model ?
Ben
Sonex # 1684
Tri-Gear, Dual Control
Rotax 912uls
N379BS reserved.
Concorde

Re: UL Power for Onex

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Seems so logical that more engines on the onex will be next. Kudos to sonex. Growing, expanding the offerings, good to support them , make sure they contine to grow and be there. Too bad Jeremy isnt along to enjoy this.

WaiexN143NM
Michael Radtke
WaiexN143NM

Return to Onex