F15 - Question/Issue

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

F15 - Question/Issue

Postby opunui25 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm

I am mocking up the tail cone to ensure I don't have anything odd to resolve. I did notice one thing that I'd like to find out what everyone thinks about. F16-01R and L hang over a bit when in place. Now I know the skin is going to tuck under the side but this little tail piece has me wondering. Did anyone else have this problem and trim it down or did you just tuck this under the side when placing the top skin on? Also, if this look crazy wrong, please let me know and I will reset what I am doing to see if there was a step before that I somehow messed up.

BTW: Love this whole building process. It's the little challenges that make it unique.
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
--
Travis Sales - N214TM (Reserved)
"Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."
opunui25

Re: F15 - Question/Issue

Postby 13brv3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Snip, snip :-)

Rusty
Rusty
Onex- Rotax 912 (130 hours and counting)
Fixed wing, gyroplane, A&P
13brv3

Re: F15 - Question/Issue

Postby Bryan Cotton » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:45 pm

I trimmed mine. Note the skin goes on first, then the TD formers. The attach plates should be under the formers. You should not drill the attach plates to the rest of the structure until you drill the formers to the skins. There is a note on general construction order above the drawing title block. It works!
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to Onex