Rudder cable tension for Tri gear

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: Rudder cable tension for Tri gear

Postby Onex107 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I know this is an old post. I hope you have resolved your steering problem to your satisfaction. But, I have nearly reached 100 hours on 107 and my nose gear spring is most likely tighter than yours, because I shortened the post in the static ground position. So it's trapped in the compressed position. Steering on the ground is not a problem while moving and rudder movement in the air is not a problem. Self centering is not possible in that system because nothing is attached to the fuselage, unless you installed the rudder pedal springs, which I did not. The Cessna system has the rudder pedals centered by springs attached from the pedals to the floor. And the nose strut drops down into a notch that prevents it from turning when using rudder in flight. The little drag from the compressed spring does not keep the rudder where you left it at air speed. It does return to center during a turn if you take your foot off. But the nose wheel is turning at the same time as the rudder. I'm not aware that it all matters. The plane is a joy to fly.
OneX 107
N2107X
Onex107

Previous

Return to Onex