Source for SS-1216 bushings (at seat-belt attach points)

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Source for SS-1216 bushings (at seat-belt attach points)

Postby Don_P » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Does anyone have a source they could recommend for the SS-1216 bushings called out on ONX-F03? They do not appear in the Onex hardware list, and Aircraft Spruce and Wicks don't seem to list these. Are they, perhaps, just hardware store items? Had no luck finding them locally.
Don
Onex 0095
N464D (reserved)
Don_P

Re: Source for SS-1216 bushings (at seat-belt attach points)

Postby Mike53 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm quit certain Air Ward carries them in their hardware set for the Onex and I would imagine they would sell you just the bushing but if not I got mine here https://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0434668
I wish I would have bought from Air Ward from the get go.Did and does a far better job than Aircraft Spruce and Wicks in having a complete package.
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby A10snoopy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Don, I contacted Symmco via email and they sent me the name of my local distributors:

http://www.symmco.com/contactus.html

Paul
Onex 76
A10snoopy

Postby Don_P » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks to both Mike and Paul. Fastenal, I see, has the bushings in stock and sells them in quantities of five. Looks like you can order five of each type (SS-1216-4 and -6) for about $5 plus $8 shipping. Not bad I suppose. I agree with Mike regarding Air Ward. I ordered my original hardware kit from Aircraft Spruce and have been struggling ever since with their little baggies with the annoying gummed labels. From the Air Ward web site, it looks like they package small hardware items in polyethylene zip-lock bags, which is quite an improvement.
Don
Onex 0095
N464D (reserved)
Don_P

Postby Klimek » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 am

Don, you can get the bronze or oilite symco bushings at Lowes. Had I known of AirWard, I would have bought their seat belt cable kit.
Also there is a suggestion out there to use AN3 bolts in place of the rivets called for at the seat belt anchor points in the rear fuselage. This guy is great to talk to
and do business with. Wish I knew of him earlier on.
Good luck,
Frank
ONEX090
N290FK reserved
Building the engine
Klimek

Postby Don_P » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks, Frank

I'll check with Lowe's on the bushings. I see also that they are available from Motion Industries; unfortunately, like Fastenal, they do not stock them locally (Houston). Agree completely with using AN3 bolts vs CCP-44 rivets at the shoulder-strap anchor points. It would be interesting to do a test comparing the two. One never knows, however. The plate itself might well fail before either the rivets or the bolts.

Best regards,
Don
Onex 0095
N464D (reserved)
Don_P

Return to Onex