Sub kit ordered

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Re: Sub kit ordered

Postby Mike53 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Dan wrote:Just signed up for the workshop. Looking forward to meeting other builders and getting up close to the Onex prototype and taking lots of pictures.

Look forward to meeting you there .If your looking for the cheapest motels like me I would suggest the Super 8 at Oshkosh airport.If you book early it will cost you $161 for 3 nights including taxes which works out to a 15% discount for the early booking.Downside ,no refunds if you cancel.
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks for the hotel info. I went ahead and booked a reservation at the Hilton. Not as good a deal as the Super 8 but I did get the government rate because I am retired military. Time to start collecting up the needed tools. I'm hoping to mooch off my buddies here who are building RV's.
Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Received an email today indicating my tail kit should be shipped somewhere around Oct 17th. It will not be available for pickup at the builders course. Understandable since I just ordered it July 27th. Disappointing because I want to get started. You would think at my age I would have more patience.
Dan

Postby Mike53 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 pm

It wouldn't hurt to remind them that you will be there Oct.2 .It could be a case of the person responsible for shipping is totally unaware that you will be there a mere 2 weeks before they planned to ship.Worth a try,and no, you can't have mine.
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Aw c'mon Mike. Whose your buddy, whose your pal. Actually I had emailed Stephanie about me picking it up while at the build course and she said it wouldn't be available that early. I was trying to make the decision between driving or flying up there. May fly now. It is over 1900 miles one way to drive but I was thinking of just moseying around the country a bit if I could pick the kit up. Stephanie indicated shipping is over $200. Still cheaper to fly into Milwukee and rent a car.
Dan

Previous

Return to Onex