Onex Toe Brakes

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Onex.

Onex Toe Brakes

Postby Wanttobuild25 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 pm

I just purchased a Onex that will be converted to toe brakes. I’ve seen some photos depicting the conversion and am wondering if any detail drawings/part numbers are available anywhere.

Thanks for any input!

Jeff Ackland
Wanttobuild25

Re: Onex Toe Brakes

Postby gcm52 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:51 am

Onex Toe Brakes.jpg
Attached is a drawing i used to fabricate toe brakes for my Onex. I got them from another Onex builder, Mike Turrell. The toe brakes worked great for both Mike and I. We both used the Matco MCMC-4 master cylinders with this setup
George Mueller
Onex Trigear
Rotax 912 ULS
gcm52

Re: Onex Toe Brakes

Postby Mike53 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:47 pm

gcm52 wrote:
Onex Toe Brakes.jpg
Attached is a drawing i used to fabricate toe brakes for my Onex. I got them from another Onex builder, Mike Turrell. The toe brakes worked great for both Mike and I. We both used the Matco MCMC-4 master cylinders with this setup

It should be noted that I reworked the toe brakes so that the pivot was at the bottom of the toe brake where it encases the rudder . Pics can be found here.http://www.onexmike.org/hydraulic--toe-brakes.html. for the before and after. the improved geometry gives far higher psi leverage .
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Return to Onex