ONX-F04 glareshield attach strap

Discussion for Onex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

ONX-F04 glareshield attach strap

Postby onexpaul » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Onex Builders,

Just a quick question. I've spent the weekend scratching my head trying to figure out something on ONX-F04 of the plans. They call for the Glareshield Attach Strap tabs to be "bent UP 120 degrees".

But when I look at a photo from OnexMike at

http://www.onexmike.org/uploads/8/4/4/2 ... 6_orig.jpg

it seems like they are bent down. In the plans the dotted line of the whole assembly seem to indicate that it is bent DOWN. And I just can't figure out what they mean by 120 degrees which to me would seem like an oblique angle, not an acute one.

I bent the tabs 120 degrees but when I put it in place it seems like they would go up...

What am I missing?

thanks,

Paul
Athens, GA
ONEX #0113
onexpaul

Re: ONX-F04 glareshield attach strap

Postby Stogie6 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:37 am

Welcome to the world of drawings being misleading. I have bent several parts the opposite way only because of how I interpret the graphics...and I am an architect and think I can read plans!
Sorry for this response as it doesn't give you any good advice - kind of like some of the plan details!
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Re: ONX-F04 glareshield attach strap

Postby Mike53 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi Paul.
The tabs are indeed bent up 120* .and it does make an acute angle.They look bent down from the 90* position.
From the flat stock you are bending each tab up past 90* to the 120* called for.
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Return to Onex Plans