Installing spacers W40-11 in spars

Discussion for Xenos builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

Installing spacers W40-11 in spars

Postby trwolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm

As I was installing my inboard ribs I discovered that the the W40-12 spacers had already been installed in my factory spars and "assumed" that that meant that the W40-11's were installed as well. Not so. Ok, I have been successful in removing the -12's, now does anyone have any sure fire way to install the -11's and keep them in place while you fit up the ribs, redrill, debur and rivet? These are the 1/8" spacers that fit between the .032" webs. You can see where they are placed on W36 & W35, E, F, G, H.

Ok, so I fished out the installed spacers, laid the spars flat and cut a piece of formica about 3' long and just a bit narrower than the spacer. Thus armed I was able to slide the new spacers into place. I actually made some new spacers that were a bit wider so that I could install a small rivet once in place so that they would not move after installing.
trwolf

Return to Xenos Plans