Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Discussion for Xenos builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Postby racaldwell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:26 pm

The Xenos plans page XNS-W07 shows the outboard aileron pushrod at the top of the page but omits any information on the right side of how the tube end cut is supposed to be cut at which angle. On the next page, W06 the Detail C shows the pushrod for the right wing with the idler end of the pushrod, the tube angle is cut so the tube opening faces aft. The other end at the aileron bellcrank shows the tube cut facing forward.

The pushrod I received in the kit has but end cuts facing forward. This creates interference with the idler. Obviously the pushrod is not made to what is shown on page W06. Did I get two pushrods for the left wing or does the pushrod details on page W07 really intend that both pushrods are identical when really the wings are mirror images of each other? The pictures shows the pushrod upside down so when rotated with the plate on the top to match the picture, the tube opens forward. You can see where the paint scratched off while digging a groove in the idler.

Are all the kits this way? I have send a message in to Tech Support but no word back yet.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057
Attachments
Aileron Outboard Right Pushrod W07-02 Sm.JPG
racaldwell

Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Postby drPete » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:03 pm

I'll be a couple days before I can check my inventory and photograph XNS-W07-02. Feel free to remind me Saturday if you don't see something posted before then.

Regards,

Pete
Xenos.n25XB@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Pete
Xenos-B s/n XNB0010
xenos.n25xb@gmail.com

drPete

Re: XNS/XNB-W07 Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Postby drPete » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Both pushrods are identical with my Xenos-B kit: Image
Pete
Xenos-B s/n XNB0010
xenos.n25xb@gmail.com

drPete

Re: Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Postby racaldwell » Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm

I got a response from Sonex. Ignore the plans because the right outboard pushrod is installed upside down from what is shown. The pushrod plate is on the bottom at the idler, not the top as shown.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057
racaldwell

Outboard Aileron Pushrod

Postby drPete » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks for the follow up info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pete
Xenos-B s/n XNB0010
xenos.n25xb@gmail.com

drPete

Return to Xenos Plans