SNB-C05 Should Be SNB-F21A

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNB-C05 Should Be SNB-F21A

Postby BobDz » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:49 pm

First off, I'm "blaming" this entire issue on Gavin. (kiddingly) last night I was watching one of his tail cone videos and saw him installing the Flap Tube. Huh, says I, I don't recall seeing that particular part in my fuselage kit. Because it isn't. Oddly enough, the Flap Mount Blocks are included (but backordered).

Here's where it gets fun...

There is no mention of the Flap Tube anywhere that I could find on the fuselage drawings. BUT, on drawing F18, it mysteriously appears INSTALLED. It shows up on F11 and F04, also installed. Remember the adage that you start at the back of the plan set and work forward? Apparently, not always. The Flap Tube doesn't appear until C05, 22 pages after it's shown installed. And the first thing it says to do is "remove lower tail cone skin".

That's why I think SNB-CO5 should be renamed SNB-F21A, and be placed between F21 and F22. Then you can be all logical and install the Flap Tube BEFORE you put on the lower tail skin. And the Tube could be included with the kit where the Mount Blocks are.

But that's just me

Thanks for letting me get that out of my head.
Now back to riveting!
Bob Dz...
Sonex B, Tri-gear
(technically within walking distance of Sonex)
N624DZ (reserved)

Plans exist to eliminate confusion, not create it.
BobDz

Re: SNB-C05 Should Be SNB-F21A

Postby lakespookie » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:25 pm

I always check the drawing revisions prior to starting any page, Also make sure you signup for alerts on the sonex website for drawing revisions. I cant speak to your particular installation but that's where I would start.
Saturday's Building Live Stream
Jill's Build Log
PPL-ASEL
Tail = Complete
Wings Closed Out = 02/04/2024

Waiex-B 0054
Panel G3X
Engine Spyder 120 corvair conversion
lakespookie

Re: SNB-C05 Should Be SNB-F21A

Postby BobDz » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:35 pm

This isn't a plan revision issue.

You really don't want to get me started on spending many, many hundreds of dollars on a freshly printed set of plans that are incorrect.
Bob Dz...
Sonex B, Tri-gear
(technically within walking distance of Sonex)
N624DZ (reserved)

Plans exist to eliminate confusion, not create it.
BobDz

Return to Sonex Plans