Spar alignment holes

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

Spar alignment holes

Postby zzdeck » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:24 am

My partner and I bought a partially assembled legacy Sonex. We have been trying to figure out if the Spar alignment holes were pre-drilled at the factory or if the three holes are builder drilled. And if builder drilled, could someone point us to where the instructions are located in the plans? All help appreciated! zzdeck
zzdeck

Re: Spar alignment holes

Postby rtro461 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:35 pm

On my Sonex 676 the holes came predrilled on the spar webs. Scratch built would be located by the builder. Plan SNX-W10 Main Spar Webs shows the locations in Detail “B”. It’s a little difficult to find the alignment holes among all the rivet holes but they are there. Moving to SNX W08 Main Wing Spar a note under -01R Main Spar Assembly talks about them and Detail “K” shows them and the wing attachment holes.
Bob
ASEL w/instrument and glider
Building Sonex 0676, N676SX
nose dragger, Aerovee
rtro461

Re: Spar alignment holes

Postby zzdeck » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:27 am

Thanks for the tips, Bob. When I get to the shop I'll stick my nose back in the plans.
Jack
zzdeck

Return to Sonex Plans