Jabiru 3300 oil cooler

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

Jabiru 3300 oil cooler

Postby wingnut99 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Does anyone have photos of your oil cooler after the installation? I temporarily clamped mine in place per Jabiru instructions using the predrilled holes in the bottom of the sump fins and it's apparent that the Sonex B cowling isn't going to allow it to hang 6" below the sump. The Sonex Jabiru instructions have you fabricating 3 brackets and mounting it from the underside of the intake manifold. I'd just like to see exactly what it should look like in place. A picture is worth a thousand words for some of us. Thanks
wingnut99

Re: Jabiru 3300 oil cooler

Postby N43WX » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 pm

I'd second the request for pics of this. Are you using the "oil cooler upgrade' kit that is sold by Sonex or something provided by Jabiru? Also, out of curiosity, what Generation is your Jabiru?
N43WX

Re: Jabiru 3300 oil cooler

Postby wingnut99 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:32 am

I bought the cooler from Spruce but it's identical to the one Jabiru shows as well as the one Sonex shows in their installation instructions.
I have the new Jabiru 3300 generation 4. I'm pretty sure that most of the pictures and drawings for the engine aren't the 4th generation. There's probably not drastic differences but I've noticed things like the oil filter arrangement being different and
a tachometer sensor for the flywheel isn't included from Jabiru even though it's still shown in the installation instructions from them.
wingnut99

Return to Sonex Plans