SNX-F10-06 hook mount

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNX-F10-06 hook mount

Postby Rofomoto » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm

I don’t need this if using Bowden cable trim correct? Thanx billy
Longassproject
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles (next year 16- 0)
Rofomoto

Re: SNX-F10-06 hook mount

Postby peter anson » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:02 am

Not Correct. The elevator isn't mass balanced so even if you are using the cable operated trim tab, you need some sort of spring balance for the elevator. SNX-C01 mentions a bungee to support the elevator level or slightly down and warns you not to cut it too short. I used a small pulley on one end and a bungee from the other end going around the pulley and going back to an adjustable cleat, a small yacht fitting, so that the bungee is easily adjustable.

Peter
peter anson

Re: SNX-F10-06 hook mount

Postby Rofomoto » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am

peter anson wrote:Not Correct. The elevator isn't mass balanced so even if you are using the cable operated trim tab, you need some sort of spring balance for the elevator. SNX-C01 mentions a bungee to support the elevator level or slightly down and warns you not to cut it too short. I used a small pulley on one end and a bungee from the other end going around the pulley and going back to an adjustable cleat, a small yacht fitting, so that the bungee is easily adjustable.

Peter

Thanx Peter.. should have looked farther down the line. Thanx again
Longassproject
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles (next year 16- 0)
Rofomoto

Return to Sonex Plans