SNX-F09 Problems w/seatbelt angle

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNX-F09 Problems w/seatbelt angle

Postby NWade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi All,

I've run into a snag while working on SNX-F09. I'm trying to assemble and mount the F10-02 cap and the F09-02 Attach assembly to the fuselage. What I am finding is that when I layer the parts as shown in the plans (especially View C-C), the F10-02 cap is too far aft and does not line up well on the F15-12 Angle Clips.

Additionally, the F10-02 cap and the channel used on F09-02 came pre-drilled for mating together. However, when I use clecos to mate these two parts and then hang them on the F15-12 angle clips, the bottom of the channel is a good 1/8" above the bottom skin of the fuselage. I've measured the distance from the F15-12 angle to the bottom of the fuselage and its bang-on with the dimension shown in the plans. I ordered my kit a long time ago, when Sonex was just starting to offer matched-hole parts. And the change to a 1/8" x 1/8" angle for the upper cap happened between the time I ordered my plans set and when I ordered the kit. Is it possible a drawing change or dimensional change was made that didn't make it into the Drawing Revs list on the Sonex website? Anyone else have this issue?

I have taken a series of photos and posted them here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskPzJwFG

Thanks a bunch for any ideas or suggestions!

--Noel
Sonex #1339
NWade

Re: SNX-F09 Problems w/seatbelt angle

Postby Zack » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm

I've run into the identical problem. The SNX-F15-12 is 1/8 inch too high. I double checked my dimensions and they are correct according to the plans. How is this issue resolved? I'm leaning to making new clips to match the height of the seat belt attach assembly (WXB-F09-02). I'll check with the factory, but I'd like to know if others have experienced this issue.
Zack

Re: SNX-F09 Problems w/seatbelt angle

Postby Zack » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 pm

The factory said to make new clips
Zack

Return to Sonex Plans