SNX-F10-23 idler pivot bushing missing from kit?

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNX-F10-23 idler pivot bushing missing from kit?

Postby kevinh » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi ya'll,

So I can't find the 3/16" id x 6/16" od steel bushing stock called out for the idler pivot in my Aircraft Spruce hw kit. Do ya'll remember needing to order this separate - I think Sonex might have forgotten to include it in the hw kits?

No biggy, but I'd rather not order it again if I somehow missed it in my inventory.

Kevin
Taildragger Waiex in progress, tail done, wings done, about to mate wings to fuse,
then cowl, canopy, paint (photos): flush rivets, turbo aerovee, acro ailerons
(I built my RV7A and happily flew it for about 500 hrs)
kevinh

Re: SNX-F10-23 idler pivot bushing missing from kit?

Postby ScottM-Sonex1629 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Kevin,

It wouldn't surprise me. I lost track of how many items didn't show up or in enough quantities in my aircraft spruce hardware packs. Also lost track of how many orders I made for extra hardware. I learned if I was missing something to order a few extra "just in case".
Scott Meyer
Sonex 1629 - Sold...9/2019
ScottM-Sonex1629

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:59 am

Kevin,
I went through this. Robbie gave me his extra stock. Then I found them as part of the Waiex kit, not the Spruce kit. The bushing quality seemed poor though so I liked my home made ones better.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby LarryEWaiex121 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

Kevin,

Oft times its kind of painful to have to spend money on "extra stuff", while at the same time scraping together every dime you can to bring your build to the finish line. I've often said and heard it said, "my airplane cost X number of dollars to build and of that figure, 15% is shipping and handling".
As time passes, your going to probably end up like me. I ordered in quantities of 25 of the most common AN3-AN4 sizes of fiberlock nuts, washers, etc.
Cotter pins of all sizes. Extra bolts needed for things like wheel pants, etc. You loose some, you wear some out. Mostly, I manage to "ugly out" bolt heads to the point, I don't want them on the plane for cosmetic reasons. They go in the bolt bin for other projects or for test fitting.
There simply is nothing more frustrating when doing for example, a condition inspection, and you want to replace something and the bin is empty. Oh I hate that.
Buy extra everything and avoid the hassle. You'll actually save cash in the long run.

Larry
LarryEWaiex121

Return to Sonex Plans