WIX-F26

Discussion for Waiex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

WIX-F26

Postby Ercoupechris » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:51 pm

View JJ, has anyone had an issue with F29-01 or F29-02 touching the fuselage skin? It looks like the brackets might need to be clearanced a little bit. I am assembling with MAPs

Thanks for any feedback

Chris
Chris Schuldt
703-928-5199
BRM Aero Bristell NG-5
"B" model Conversion Waiex s/n 64 4th owner, kit from 2007
Edge Performance 915-ECi 120 HP EFI with Ring Mount
Rotax iRMT Service
Rotax iRMT Maintenance
Rotax iRMT Heavy Maintenance
Ercoupechris

Re: WIX-F26

Postby Area 51% » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:29 am

The machined angle components have their good and bad sides. This is apparently one of their bad. Mine also contacted the fuselage and I had to file almost 1/8" off one of the angles on both sides. Don't remember if it was the upper or lower. It's hard to file without getting into the Z channel.

Another problem will arise when you get to the mixer pulley brackets. Only 10 of the 11 holes line up. The factory has you drilling new holes on both sides of the mismatch. I elected to make a new crosstie and drilled the holes to match the errant holes on the MAP. I hate holes that don't do anything.

Also watch out for F22-06. The MAP part is correct with the hole spacing at 5/8", but the laser cut holes in the verticals are spaced at 21/32. The holes get further out of sync the closer you get to the center of the fuselage. I made a replacement -06 and matched the holes of the verticals.

If you haven't gotten to the tail yet, you'll find the MAP clip and inboard leading edge rib have dissimilar hole patterns. Factory says "drill 4 new holes inboard of the existing ones". Did I mention I don't care for lazy holes? The print shows how to make an inboard rib from an outboard rib. This was easier than making new clips. The ribs are $8 each. I slept good that night.

Randy @ Area 51%
Area 51%

Return to Waiex Plans